AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to map turning subs on and off as well as cycling through them using a logitech Harmony 900 remote. How should I set this up in the "Keys" section of MPC-HC as well as map those keys to my Harmony which emulates a MCE SE remote for my HTPC use.

I guess what I mean is I'm not sure which commands in the "Keys" section of MPC-HC match to MCE-SE commands reconized by the Harmony.

Any help?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use a harmony 650 so I don't know of this will work for you but I set the teletext (red, green, yellow, blue) buttons to control subs and audio tracks. In MPC-HC 'options - keys' scroll down to toggle subtitle then scroll right to the "app command" column. Click in the box and select the button you want to use, MCE_RED in my case. Repeat for next subtitle, previous subtitle and next audio commands. I set mine to red=toggle subs, green=next sub, yellow=next audio and blue is unused. I didn't really see the need for previous as most of my movies only have a couple audio and sub tracks.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3693  /t/1415673/subtitle-control-in-mpc-hc-using-harmony-900-remote#post_22133927

I use a harmony 650 so I don't know of this will work for you but I set the teletext (red, green, yellow, blue) buttons to control subs and audio tracks. In MPC-HC 'options - keys' scroll down to toggle subtitle then scroll right to the "app command" column. Click in the box and select the button you want to use, MCE_RED in my case. Repeat for next subtitle, previous subtitle and next audio commands. I set mine to red=toggle subs, green=next sub, yellow=next audio and blue is unused. I didn't really see the need for previous as most of my movies only have a couple audio and sub tracks.

Strangely enough, I do the exact same thing on my 900.

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's easy enough but I have the yellow button for search in MB so I'll use the blue one instead.

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got this done using the blue to toggle subs, and the red for prev sub and green for next sub. I ended up using Alt 8 and Alt 9 for the audio stream switching instead due to conflicts with other things in my H 900. These are keyboard entries that can be mapped into the H 900 and I have them on the first soft key page. I'm probably going to do it again and add the subtitle switching to the first soft key page two and remap yellow there.

Damn I want too many commands on the first soft key page! already have RecordedTV, LiveTV, THE green button, TV Subtitles and the audio stream switching there. Having un-labled keys makes the H 900 less usefull to others because they don't know what the keys do. I need to prioritize this..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts