AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Experts,

i have been searching older post on this and cant seem to find a solution.

I am running 64bit win 7 ultimate and have Shark007 codec installed. Media browser installed...

I am able to play mkv files.....

What settings do i have to make to give me the option to select subtitle file and audio stream in windows media center.

thanks,

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not sure about 64bit, but with 32bit you can use Media Control which interfaces with FFDShow and Haali to accomplish subtitle/audio stream selection.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
In 64bit Media Center it is almost a requirement to disable the Microsoft Video decoder on the SWAP TAB to get control of playback. Once this is disabled you can place MC into windowed mode while a video is playing and access the ffdshow and Haail tray icons to change audio and subtitle streams.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Why not just launch MPC-HC with Media Browser...That way you have full control of sub & audio tracks. It takes a bit of customization of remote commands but after that it's almost seamless.

Mike

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The only real solution is using mpc-hc. I have had this same issue and posted a few times how to "fix it" Easy way is to download the 32 bit version of that off the shark site since it comes preconfigured to use his codecs. Then if you use media browser set that as the external player for mkv files. Then go to the options within mpc-hc and you can see the keys tab. IF you have a wmc remote I set the colored buttons at the bottom to use as my subtitle and audio controls. You need to go to the one that can turn subtitles on or off and then one for the prev subtitle I dont know if theres one for the next subtitle but either way it will work since you can swap between them now or just turn them off. next set a button to change the audio stream for next audio i believe. Then you now have full control to switch between languages or subtitles. There is no other solution to this. Even force flagging subtitles will not work from within WMC. It just doesnt have as much control as mpc-hc does and this is much easier and less banging your head on the wall. It took me like 6 months to figure all this out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your suggestions......save me some time......will go ahead to use MPC-hc.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts