AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really have no idea about this, its been a long time since i ripped a cd even.

What I would like to do is add subtitles in english to a foreign blue ray release. And be able to play it in my oppo blue ray player.

Is this possible? I know you can add subtitles if your playing it on an htpc but can you rip the subtitle and burn it on a blue ray disc to play in an oppo blue ray player?

Can you also make it region free as well?

Again i know this is possible when playing blue rays on an htpc but i want to play them on my oppo.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THe problem is the movies i am looking at are better encodes pq wise then the english but are region locked and dont have proper subtitles.

Also hero for instance only has loseless native audio on discs from other countries.

Price is not a concern nor time.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo /forum/post/19549874

THe problem is the movies i am looking at are better encodes pq wise then the english but are region locked and dont have proper subtitles.

Also hero for instance only has loseless native audio on discs from other countries.

Price is not a concern nor time.

The tools you will need.

AnyDVD HD

ClownBD

BD Sup2Sub

TsMuxer

eac3to

Burnable BD drive with proper sw.

All of my French HD DVD's like La Mome were one of the tough ones. I had to use a Blu-ray sub then insert it into the HD movie as the HD version didn't even have English subs. Don't even get me started on timings! I use my PC to play back all of the managed archived genre cheaper then BD 50 discs.

With these tools you will be able to rip forced subtitles also. I’m sure some other folks will chime in and give some good feedback good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.