AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a subwoofer broken when I connect any RCA cable to the sub out jack of the sub and hear hum when I touch the other end of the rca cable with my finger tips?

I hear the hum when the the volume is adjusted but when at zero no hum.

the reason I ask this is if theres something wrong with the cable im using or the subwoofer.(Im using a monster bass 300 cable) but I tried this with other cables and still get the hum so im thinking is the sub but is there anyway to check if the cable is faulty?

Also what are the causes for a subwoofer to actually break and produce the problem stated above? I was thinking it was the cable that broke my sub but someone with more konwledge on this could help me.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I have an Onkyo sub that hums on and off without touching the cable. It seems if I slightly move the cable the hum goes away. It is not the RCA cable. The cable is a monster RCA sub cable. I believe it is the sub itself where the cable connects is loose. It seems a few I have talked to said it is a common thing to happen to subs with the heavy pounding and vibrations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.