AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the process of researching the clone amps I collected a bunch of links to tests and comments, many made by @notnyt, that took a bit of digging to find so I figured I'd post them up so maybe they will help someone else. The work he's done in the Measuring Amplifiers Thread to test these amps is awesome and really helps by having real power numbers so I wanted to mention that. This is by no means an exhaustive list just links to results for the most popular amps and some for fan mods and relay mod. If I missed something key post it up or send me a link and I'll add it.

The Clones

FP14000 Clones

FP2xQ - the big boys

XBS DS20Q and discussion - the DS designation sounds like dsp but I believe is the FP20KQ from them

XBS FP22000Q and test results

FAQ:

- when you see btaudio or smiths that is the same people, they changed their name. when 'enhanced' amps are discussed, it is the btaudio/smiths

- sinbosen and xbs are the same

INukes aka the Berrys

Other Amps

More Amp Related Stuff

Non-Amp But Sub Related Stuff

·
Registered
10,479 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks for consolidating this. Should be a sticky.

@notnyt Did you ever put the PL236 on the bench for testing? I saw photos but didnt see any testing info. Ive got one and Im curious on what its actually putting out. My guess is about half the advertised 1800w/ch @ 2ohms.

·
Registered
174 Posts

@notnyt Did you ever put the PL236 on the bench for testing? I saw photos but didnt see any testing info. Ive got one and Im curious on what its actually putting out. My guess is about half the advertised 1800w/ch @ 2ohms.
@FOHTech,

I also own three of the QSC PL236 amps and would be VERY interested in seeing the testing results if notnyt already has them. How well do you like yours and what are you using them on?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are there any good alternatives to the Behringer NX1000DSPs (for similar pricing)? I'm not happy with it's measured performance, but I can't find any real alternative, especially with an integrated DSP. I willing to DIY if I have to.

·
Registered
10,479 Posts

With both channels driven, it'll sustain about 2400w for a bit. Not much burst. Single channel 1800w, no burst over that.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1780914-measuring-amplifiers-10.html#post44874081

·
Registered
10,479 Posts
Are there any good alternatives to the Behringer NX1000DSPs (for similar pricing)? I'm not happy with it's measured performance, but I can't find any real alternative, especially with an integrated DSP. I willing to DIY if I have to.
There's the 3k and the 6k.... they're pretty good on dollars/watts, don't find much cheaper with acceptable DSP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts