AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. There is a tiled nook next to our fireplace that is normally where you’d keep the fire wood. I made a sealed sub and have a glass shelf for my avr to sit on. I could either sit the glass on the sub box and use foam isolation pieces or I could install the shelf about an inch above the box. I know it’s not advisable to have a sub so close to the avr, but this is the space the wife gave me. Here’s a photo. Any suggestions on the best way to keep the sub from destroying the avr would be great.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Looks like the amp is covering the avr's ventilation. If so, that's a bad move. You could over heat your AVR.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Hi all. There is a tiled nook next to our fireplace that is normally where you’d keep the fire wood. I made a sealed sub and have a glass shelf for my avr to sit on. I could either sit the glass on the sub box and use foam isolation pieces or I could install the shelf about an inch above the box. I know it’s not advisable to have a sub so close to the avr, but this is the space the wife gave me. Here’s a photo. Any suggestions on the best way to keep the sub from destroying the avr would be great.
Your issue isn't "to keep the sub from destroying the avr" but rather keeping those components from overheating.

That stack of components/subwoofer is a failure waiting to happen.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an aircom setup I’m looking to fit in there somehow. The spacing is too tight to have it in there and be routinely moving things around.

In the meantime Half of the vents are covered currently and the inuke does pull air from the back area forward.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tell your wife you need to put in a nice rack, or entertainment stand, you both like the looks of. Unless, she doesn't mind you continuesly spending money to fix or replace damaged hifi equipment. That space is only adequate for a subwoofer, at best. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts