AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just decided the only real good place for a sub is more in the middle of my room rather than along a wall. I'm looking for a sub that i can use as furniture (because it's going to be visible), maybe to match the era d5's i just bought today. I'd prefer a cherry finish but it's not a deal breaker. It's a big room, 16x22x9 open on two sides. i only have about $600 to spend. I'm not into hi spl's so that's not really a concern. Does anyone put subs in the middle if the room by the way? Running the wires isn't a problem, there's a basement underneath.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacnac
I just decided the only real good place for a sub is more in the middle of my room rather than along a wall. I'm looking for a sub that i can use as furniture (because it's going to be visible), maybe to match the era d5's i just bought today. I'd prefer a cherry finish but it's not a deal breaker. It's a big room, 16x22x9 open on two sides. i only have about $600 to spend. I'm not into hi spl's so that's not really a concern. Does anyone put subs in the middle if the room by the way? Running the wires isn't a problem, there's a basement underneath.
Author deleted comment

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's not in the middle, just not along a wall. about 4 ft from the wall. and i didnt plan to put anything on it, i just want something that doesnt look like a piece of stereo equipment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is just one closed corner in the room and that's where my built in is going. i have one other wall i could put it on, but my wife wants to put a built in in that spot too. i could tell her no, i guess...

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alk3997
You're kidding, right? Have you ever put your hands on a sub that is working? They vibrate. Not as much as the cone, but the top still vibrates.
You're kidding right ?

Dual opposing drivers offer zero vibration enclosures. HAVE YOU ever felt one ?

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
Check out the VTF subs from Hsu, or the LFM subs from Outlaw Audio. They are perfect doubles for endtables because of their dimensions. The Hsu VTF3 is perfect because of it's side-firing woofer, which can blast right into your seat. This gives it a nice punchy feel along with the deep bass. The Outlaw Audio subs are great for endtable subs too, they even have a glass top which looks nice and is protection in case you spill a drink on it. The VTF2 and LFM-1 Plus are right on your budget, but the VTF3 and LFM-1 EX are bit more. I think any of them are perfect for your application, go to the websites and check them out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.