AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding the subwoofer I have that came with a home theater in a box package and the new receiver I recently purchased. The subwoofer I have now uses a different cable than most subs seem to use. It won't let me post a link to the type of cable since I'm new but you can just search amazon for 8 pin din cable and that will be the cable my sub is designed for.

My new sony receiver uses what looks to be the typical subwoofer cord. So I was wondering if there was an adapter or anything that I could use to make my sub work with my new receiver of if I need to purchase a new sub. I've tried looking into this but it hasn't gotten me very far so I thought I'd see if I could get any help here. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get a REAL sub. You don't have to buy new. Audiogon has many good used subs or stick around here. Research, ask and learn.

Welcome to AVS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Seems like a place where I can learn some stuff. :p But I was thinking I'd probably have to get a new sub for this. But I'm wanting to be cheap with one at this point. Preferably under $100. But I don't really know what makes a sub good or bad. I'm still an amateur at all things audio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.