AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a huge room that my home theater is in. It opens up to the downstairs kitchen. Here is a picture.

I know in my budget it will be hard to get a sub that fills up the area. System is used most for blurays and games. Probably 50/50. Sources are xbox 360 and ps3. Running a Yamaha rx663 with PSB speakers all around. From browsing my choices seem to be ED a3-250, a2-300 and was considering the SVS but it is well over $500 shipped. I have owned ED amps/subs in my cars before so I know they are decent. Any other ones I should look at? What would work better for my setup out of the two ED subs?

·
Registered
503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrosnick /forum/post/15483871

So I got a huge room that my home theater is in. It opens up to the downstairs kitchen. Here is a picture.

I know in my budget it will be hard to get a sub that fills up the area. System is used most for blurays and games. Probably 50/50. Sources are xbox 360 and ps3. Running a Yamaha rx663 with PSB speakers all around. From browsing my choices seem to be ED a3-250, a2-300 and was considering the SVS but it is well over $500 shipped. I have owned ED amps/subs in my cars before so I know they are decent. Any other ones I should look at? What would work better for my setup out of the two ED subs?

Just a thought but I have a Yamaha 663 running a PA-120 and it sounds great in a room that is much bigger. With that said, I'm buying a second one for the roon and at $229 delivered I'll have 2 subs for $460.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterCat /forum/post/15484881

Just a thought but I have a Yamaha 663 running a PA-120 and it sounds great in a room that is much bigger. With that said, I'm buying a second one for the roon and at $229 delivered I'll have 2 subs for $460.

This is as good an option as you are going to get for that room. Two PA-120s.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
It will cost you more than 500 to fill that space!

Bill

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It goes back into a full kitchen another 15 feet or so past where it was taken. Plus it is a lot deeper then the picture shows.

PA-120s? Links or something please.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Your best bet is anything in your price range from the usual ID companies:

SVS

HSU

eD

Stretch your budget as much as you can, and place the sub nearfield for now. Get another one when you can afford it...

·
Registered
503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrosnick /forum/post/15485468

It goes back into a full kitchen another 15 feet or so past where it was taken. Plus it is a lot deeper then the picture shows.

PA-120s? Links or something please.

There's an active thread "Premier Acoustics PA-120" look through it. These come from same manufactutrer as the BIC H-100

1 - 8 of 8 Posts