AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Energy ESW V10 sub that I hadn't used in about 6 months because there was an addition to the family. Well, today I get some alone time and decided to listen to some music only to barely be able to hear my sub. I'd have to turn the volume on the back of the sub to max to be able to hear anything noticeable. Checked the receiver and the settings are all the same as before. Is it dead? If, not what would cause the low volume.

Thanks in advance

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,897 Posts
I assume you're using an RCA input? If so, and there's more than one of them, try using the other connector. If you have another cable you might want to consider trying that as well.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
In addition to JimWilson5's advice, you can connect a dvd player directly using the rca inputs. Make sure that you turn down the power on the amplifier before connecting. If no sound, then likely amp problem.

You can also check the driver by connecting a 9 volt battery to the plus and minus connections on the driver. It is even better to check the driver with a volt/ohm meter. The resistance (ohms) should be somewhat less than the rated ohms of the driver. It the ohm reading fluctuates widely, then your driver is completely dead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts