AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my down firing sub with a front firing (+ down firing passive) one. My dilemma is which way to face it. It is in a corner behind my TV. Should I face it toward the wall or away from the wall? See the diagram at the link below. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

http://www.royceinfosys.com/mike/ht/htdiagram.jpg

·
Registered
465 Posts
Mike,

Mine is in the same position and I face it away from the wall toward the back of the TV. I think you would find it to "boomy" if you faced it to the corner but who knows you may want to try it.

jack

·
Registered
842 Posts
Towards the wall gives it that Car audio subwoofer sound. Boom Thud crap. Spend some time with placement and the results can be very different.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
From all of my experience with subwoofer placement, front firing the active driver usually gives the best results. However, it is also important to consider where to place the subwoofer. To find the best location for the sub, do this test: place the sub right on your listening position, play a cd with lots of bass ranging from the lowest to the highest bass notes. Walk around the room and find the spot where it sounds the best. once you have found the spot, locate the subwoofer there and enjoy. This is the best location for the subwoofer.

James

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Since your wife does not allow anymore placements other than the corner, try all of the placements, towards the left, straight at the TV, or firing along the right wall and see what sounds best to you. I don't think firing towards the corner will produce good results but its worth a try.

James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.