AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am running a Lanzar VCTBS8 Vector 8-Inch Super-Slim 600-Watt Active High-Power Subwoofer Enclosure. It's nothing fancy but it does get the job done.

I've been having this issue for about 2-3 weeks now. Sometimes the unit puts out sound and sometimes it doesn't. The power light is always on, it just doesn't always put out sound. It's a 50/50 shot on whether it puts out sound when I first start the car and turn on the stereo. Sometimes I'll be driving down the road and it will turn off out of nowhere or randomly pop back on.

It doesn't seem to be consistent with anything. It happens whether I have the volume cranked or down low. It doesn't matter if the a/c, headlights, etc. are on or off. The unit is installed under my driver's seat so I have reached down and it's not running hot or anything. The cables all seem tight on the sub but I don't know how to get to the back of the head unit in my car to check that side (2007 Nissan Versa S Sedan). I have also checked the in-line fuse which still looks brand new. Could it possibly have anything to do with my batter connections?

I've never had a subwoofer in my car before so I don't have a clue as to what could be wrong.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
Ask on a car audio forum, where you're much more likely to find other members with the same sub. Off hand I'd venture the problem is a loose wire somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts