AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am looking into building an enclosure for two AudioBahn ALUM10Q subs. These will be used in a Home Theatre System powered by an Sony STRDE995 amp that is also running a 7 surround speaker setup.

I wanted yalls opinion on how the enclsures for the subs should be (ported,sealed,how much cu/feet needed) and possiably what amp to use since they are dual 6 ohm subs. I also want these to be dual mono subs. Thanks

Outie

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prog! Ill play with it some and see what it spits out. I am thinking of going withe the Crown XLS 402 Poweramp, to power the subs. What do yall think?

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I think that's a lot of power for a sub with 13mm of xmax. Depending on the alignment you choose, it may only take 100w for the sub to reach its limit. Fortunately, WinISD will plot all of this for you.

-Robert

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
And if you wire each sub as a 3 ohm load, the Crown amp is capable of over 500w/channel. That's fine when listening to music in a car. Put in the LOTR DVD and you will have bass down in the teens. Without proper limits in place (ss filter and the gains turned way down) your subs won't last.

-Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.