AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks,

My house is pre wired for sound. I just bought an outlaw LFM-1EX impressive looking sub by the way!!! I know that I can connect it to my receiver VSX-92TXH with a regular RCA 75 ohm cable, which I have done for now.

My question is. the pre wire that the installer has run for the sub looks like a 4-Conductor Loud Speaker Cable (with red, white, blue and green), now how do I connect this to the sub and also, on the other end to the receiver SUB pre out. Is there an adapter or wall plates that will convert these wires to single out that I can then connect with a regular subwoofer cable on both ends ??????? I am confused. Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
Your installer put in the wrong cable. You can, and should, try to put an RCA connector on each end and connect up the sub with it. That way you will find out if the connection will work with the unshielded wire you have. If OK, fine. If there's noise/hum, you will need to use the speaker wire to pull new interconnect through as a replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts