AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

I have a Pioneer SC-75 along with an awesome crystal clear B&W speakers, very happy.

However the sub-woofer does not play.:mad::mad:

It passes all the setup and auto tune with the microphone auto tuning. I get a thud when it switches on however no bass etc with the music and movies. I went back to the shop but they were useless they could not switch there one either and suggested I come back tomorrow.

Any help appreciated,

thanks

Keith

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
What subwoofer?

Are all speakers set to "small" in your receiver?

Where is the crossover set on the sub and in the receiver?

·
Registered
145 Posts
hello,

I have a Pioneer SC-75 along with an awesome crystal clear B&W speakers, very happy.

However the sub-woofer does not play.:mad::mad:

It passes all the setup and auto tune with the microphone auto tuning. I get a thud when it switches on however no bass etc with the music and movies. I went back to the shop but they were useless they could not switch there one either and suggested I come back tomorrow.

Any help appreciated,

thanks

Keith
Make sure you don't have any sort of "direct" mode on that bypasses DSP. I've found this bypasses the sub as well, for some reason.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Make sure you don't have any sort of "direct" mode on that bypasses DSP. I've found this bypasses the sub as well, for some reason.
because the receiver generates the crossovers to the sub in the digital domain rather than having 5 or 10 separate analog crossovers per channel to cover each potential crossover point. If you aren't doing DSP, you don't get anything from the left, right, center or surrounds redirected to the sub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts