AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is having a front firing, bottom ported subwoofer (energy S10.3) directly on a laminate covered cement slab floor ok?

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid  /t/1467822/subwoofer-on-a-laminate-covered-cement-slab#post_23191860

Is having a front firing, bottom ported subwoofer (energy S10.3) directly on a laminate covered cement slab floor ok?
It's fine, assuming it has rubber feet. But one of the advantages of down firing, be it a port or the driver, is the acoustic filtering of above bandwidth harmonics, which is greatly improved if there's carpet beneath the sub. For that matter carpet throughout the room will give a much better result than bare laminate.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice  /t/1467822/subwoofer-on-a-laminate-covered-cement-slab#post_23192728

It's fine, assuming it has rubber feet. But one of the advantages of down firing, be it a port or the driver, is the acoustic filtering of above bandwidth harmonics, which is greatly improved if there's carpet beneath the sub. For that matter carpet throughout the room will give a much better result than bare laminate.
It's a front firing sub, with downward facing ports. Sub has wooden feet, but I will add rubber isolation pads. Carpeting the room is not an option, but there is a large throw rug in the room, and I'll also add a small piece of rug (2x2) under the sub if that will be helpful.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And how right you are Bill. I bought an indoor/outdoor rubber backed Berber type mat, trimmed it to size, and what a difference it makes tightening up the bass. The rubber feet I ordered will arrive Monday, and I'll attach them to the wooden legs as well.

Thanks again for your assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.