AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a recent oddity going on with my subwoofer that maybe somebody might give me some insight into.

It had been working fine, but recently when I play a movie, I don't seem to get much out of the subwoofer unless I crank the volume up.

The odd thing is if I put in my Digital Video Essentials DVD and run calibration, the levels appear normal on my SPL meter. Its just when I play a regular DVD movie that I don't seem to get the same levels from the subwoofer that I would expect.

Why would it seem to work fine with DVE, but not a movie DVD?

Could I have a weak amp or something else?

-- Scott

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjncdogsrule /forum/post/15564465

Could I have a weak amp or something else?

The amplifier should not be an issue as 95% of subwoofers probably have an integrated plate amplifier on their enclosure. Unless of course you get one of those HTIBs with a passive subwoofer.

What is your subwoofer btw?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The subwoofer is a powered subwoofer. It was built by a friend of mine that builds speakers and sells them. My sub has a Bash amp. He does quality work. However he's been going thru a rough time lately, and I do not want to bother him right now. Its a 10"" sub.

-- Scott

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Check that the receiver is not in night mode. Also if you have a denon receiver make sure dynamic volume is not on. Report back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts