AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just playing around in my theater today waiting for some material for a job to show up. I decided to play around with polarity on my subwoofer because they seemed to not be doing as much as I expected them to do.

I have 2 dedicated 10" subwoofers that I custom biult and they are on their own power amplifier that is being fed by and electronic crossover set at 0Hz~90Hz.

They are at the rear of the room and they fire tward the main speakers. Now it is always common practice to wire any speaker correctly with red to red and black to black from a power amp. When these subs are in this placement they are actually placed out of phase with the front speakers. I started to think about this and it got me to the point that I just reversed the wiring on the subs and now the room POUNDS :)

Before this change in wiring phase it seemed that they were working and not necessarily out of phase but not doing what I though they should be doing, after all were talking about two 10" pro audio subs. (loaded withMG woofers)

So I thought I would post this for anybodie that might have a simmilar room layout.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.