AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is setting up his first home theatre system and he wants to place the subwooofer next to his Toshiba RPTV. Based on the strange dimensions of his room, and lack of a corner to place the sub in, I agreed that for a proper soundfield, the sub would work best where he placed it, about 3 inches to the right of his Toshiba. Now I know you can't place a sub or an unshielded speaker near a traditional Tube television because the magnetism will wreak havoc with the picture, but how about CRT RPTV's ? Is there any potential danger of having an unshielded sub right next to the unit ? He isn't reporting any picture problems/changes or performance issues since he placed it, but I'm wondering if there could be any long term ill effects of having that sub so close to the RPTV ?

·
Registered
496 Posts
If there are no picture artifacts you are probably OK. A strong enough field will effect the registration of the TV.

Which reminds me of the fun we have had magnets and monitors to unsuspecting office workers. :D

--Kieth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.