AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out speaker placement with this room layout. I'll have 2 bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer. As you can see, the layout is pretty limiting, so I'm wondering if I can put the subwoofer in that wall recess to the right of the fireplace.

If not, any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
If it won't fit in the cubby under the screen, perhaps you could go nearfield and place it next to your sofa. There are plenty of wireless options for subs, so don't let cabling (or lack thereof) deter you.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You're going to think I'm an idiot, but what about that space to the left of the TV where the flower is? My limited experience is that the sub actually enhances and enlarges the bass sound coming out of the speakers, and you don't always hear the sub itself. Try it, you may like it.

What have you got to lose? (other than your wife having to go trial for murdering you for trying to put that sub up there)

·
Registered
13,486 Posts
Man, just looking at the picture of that TV hung that high on the wall makes my neck hurt.......

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsehorse  /t/1468548/subwoofer-placement-predicament#post_23210997

I'm wondering if I can put the subwoofer in that wall recess to the right of the fireplace.
You may, but it might not work well there. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P  /t/1468548/subwoofer-placement-predicament#post_23215451

Man, just looking at the picture of that TV hung that high on the wall makes my neck hurt.......

Exactly what I was thinking!!

Try where the flower is...but the best way is just trial and error, but man you have your work cut out for you though with that setup...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts