AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is about my subwoofer placement. I just recently upgraded to 2 Def Tech BP-8's which I place on each side of my TV stand. I previously owned the Prosub 800 which was placed at the corner of my livingroom. Where would be the best place for my sub now? I was told by a friend that I should place the in this order (BP-8, TV stand, Subwoofer, BP-8), is this a good placement? I always thought that the sub should be on the outer side of floor speakers. Please help me

P.S. on the tv stand I have a center channel (procenter2000) and surround speaker (Promonitor1000's) on the back of my livingroom.

·
Registered
653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxbomb1983 /forum/post/18232567

My question is about my subwoofer placement. I just recently upgraded to 2 Def Tech BP-8's which I place on each side of my TV stand. I previously owned the Prosub 800 which was placed at the corner of my livingroom. Where would be the best place for my sub now? I was told by a friend that I should place the in this order (BP-8, TV stand, Subwoofer, BP-8), is this a good placement? I always thought that the sub should be on the outer side of floor speakers. Please help me

P.S. on the tv stand I have a center channel (procenter2000) and surround speaker (Promonitor1000's) on the back of my livingroom.

Check out this link.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It won't really matter in regard to your other speakers, unless you have the crossover pretty high (over ~100) in which case you will begin to experience voicing and the sound will become directional, and you will hear dialog and the likes coming from the sub. Just place it anywhere that is convenient and doesn't sound too boomy. Play around with different locations.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Try different placements and listen to what your ears tells you. Do you know the "subwoofer crawl"? Try that out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts