AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a large (24x24) room that I'm putting the Cadence CSX-15 in.

Where should I put it? RIght now my dinky little 100w 8" Sony sub is in the corner of the room. It's about 12' from the couch. I was thinking about placing this sub (partially because of it's size) directly behind the couch.

I have a U-shaped couch facing the TV. It's a big room - (24x24x12 avg) with a huge opening to the rest of the house so not the best acoustic room.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Parafly -

Please post your toughts of the CSX-15 in that size room of yours?

Love to see how it performs. Mine is ruffly in 1680 cu ft room 14.5x14.5x8, but the back of it is a closed off loft, but does open to the two story and downstairs. There is not a single area in our home that the BASS is not heard 2200+ sq ft home. If I really want to crank it.

Our neighbor was working on his hot water heater leak and he was wondering why his ignitor pan had little viberation and all the bass (our homes are about 30' apart. LOL!! All my windows in the house were closed except for the one downstairs in the living room close to our pool. Great to know my neighbors heard it! At least I know I am damaging my ears

·
Registered
399 Posts
As I am awaiting the A7-900 to be finished and arrive, this is a thorny issue as well. I cannot easily move it about once it is here, so that is problematic. As large as it is, there are not as many possibilities, either. I've read Ethan's article, which basically says front corner + bass traps. I am hoping to pull mine a bit out of the corner along the front wall, decouple from the floor w/ a homemade 'subdude', and add basstraps. The eD equalizer may be an option as well.

My room is 22' x 16' x 10', set up w/ the screen and front soundstage along the long wall. The difference in having the L/R speakers far from a sidewall really improves the imaging. I also have large openings into the rest of the house, hence my need for 'the beast' to fill up all of that space w/ deep bass.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are front L/R speakers supposed to be near the TV. I have mines in the corners of the room facing the couch.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parafly9 /forum/post/12957461

Are front L/R speakers supposed to be near the TV. I have mines in the corners of the room facing the couch.

As a general rule you should have your L&R 2 feet from the walls. For sub i dont like having the sub in the corner of the room its far too boomy and too discrete. I like to have my sub under right under my display under my center channel and between my L&R's i'm running 4 subs right in the front of my room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts