AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a huge conversation with SVS about my subwoofer and finally replacing the amp inside the unit, we have come to the conclusion that the AVR is reproducing a very weak signal out of the subwoofer RCA output.

The unit works great, and the electronic mainboard was recently replaced last year due to failure to power on. Upon trouble-shooting the software in the unit, I've been sure to set my speakers to small, sub-woofer to 'PLUS', Crossover to 80hz, LFE at 0DB, and the only way to get any bass at all is to turn the sub all the way up to max. Ive even gone as far as held the tone button and standby button down to totally RESET the unit.

Has anyone had a problem like this before? Can tiny little things break on a unit like this? Its not under warranty anymore, should I open it up and check the soldered connection for that RCA? Are there devices that can boost my signal for cheap?

Ive ruled out cables and everything else as being the culprit, and currently have the sub signal coming out of my computer via an RCA adapter.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There may have been something loose somewhere, but I ended up moving my gear to a different part of the room, and everything seemed to work great again. So I don't dare touch it again.

Try resetting your unit to factory settings and trying new cables before coming to any conclusions that some electronics inside are failing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 500 watt Paradiem sub hooked to mine and if any thing, I got to keep it set pretty low in volume. So almost for sure you have a low output from the AV or something else. I'd suspect that only with it hooked to an oscilloscope you'd be able to see if it's at line voltage.

Also my sub has a left and right input. So I come out of the AV with a mono RCA cord to a two way RCA splitter. So I'm feeding both inputs.

It shouldn't cost much for a repairperson to check the output. Yes maybe a cracked or cold solder joint could cause this. But most likely a small op-amp is on the wack. But I'd think that wouldn't be to much of a repair and costs.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any solution to this problem.?¿ I have the same issue the sub is now playing what's so ever, just a ever so slight vibration on the cone. But that could be from my klipsch towers right next to it.....

Any feed back would be beyond appreciated😖

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Any solution to this problem.?¿ I have the same issue the sub is now playing what's so ever, just a ever so slight vibration on the cone. But that could be from my klipsch towers right next to it.....

Any feed back would be beyond appreciated������
Rule out the sub as the culprit by plugging an ipod or mp3 player directly into the sub and seeing if it plays at full volume or not.

Consider buying a cleanbox pro as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts