AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having this issue was watching oblivion and the subwoofer stopped working. Doing firmware update now. Did finger test on sub cable and subwoofer will shake the house by doing this. If product has failed can I do a direct replacement through best buy? Have had it less than 90 days. Btw I have a nxg bas500 hooked up to it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did that first thing when it happened. Didn't help then I updated firmware that didn't help. Guess I'm going to have to send in for service best buys policy states 15 days for exchanges or returns. Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate any and all help

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How can I tell if it is subwoofer or receiver? Subwoofer when cable is touched will shake a good amount. If I set subwoofer to +12 in receiver and turn volume up to -9 I can hear sub working. I was listening at -34 normally and shaking the house with sub set to -4. I need to know how to tell which one it is so I know what to send in for repair. Please help

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
EZ to test the subwoofer.
1. Disconnect RCA cable from the AVR to the subwoofer
2. Turn ON the subwoofer
3. Set the subwoofer output level control @ 50%
4. By touching the center prong of the RCA cable to the subwoofer, you should hear a very audible thump out of the subwoofer

Just my $0.05... 👍😉

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took it to best buy. They said they are getting output from the sub so it's good. It was aklipsch 8" woofer and wasnt outputting much in store. I didn't actually hear it working at all. The guy felt the subwoofer that's how he was able to tell. Forgot to mention about best buy. If I touch the sub cable end the woofer comes to life. Think I'm going to have to send the receiver in.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now the sub has stopped responding to anything. I have to physically push the sub cable in the connector at the sub to get any response from it??? Any ideas. Just trying to figure this out. Both items still in warranty but shipping on the sub will be killer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts