AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to build my first home theater because my oldPolk Surroundbar SDA IHT does not get loud enough being run through my SamsungAquos LC-70LE650U(which I run everything through), especially streaming netflix and playing dvds on my xbox 360.

I went with the Yamaha RX-V675 which is 7.2 with 105w perchannel. I am going to run a 2.1 setup for now. I bought a pair of RTI A5speakers and want to get a recommendation for a subwoofer to complement thespeakers and the room size which is 15 x 30 and one of the 15' walls opens upto the rest of the house. If it matters I have 8 ft ceilings.

Ps I looked at the PSW10 but only being 50w I would say it’stoo small.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
For that space and budget, I'd look into the SVS PB1000 or the Premier Acoustics PA-150.

Different creatures. PB1000 will dig deeper, but have less output. PA-150 won't win any awards below 30hz, but has great output in the 40-80hz range.

Also, plan to add a second sub when you can. That'll smooth things out.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Room is to large for the 1000, PA150 is a solid $500 option for large rooms. Always have the option to add another down the road as well.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Your room is considered large for subwoofers. Factor in you saying one wall opens up to the other part of the house, that adds an undetermined amount of space to fill, as well. With that being said, you aren't going to buy a single sub for under $500 that will work well for home theater, at least not a new one. A minimum starting price point would likely be the SVS PB-2000 ($800), PSA XV15se ($900) or the HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP ($888).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts