AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help getting a good subwoofer for my setup. It isnt a theater room, just the main living room with surround sound.

Room dimenisons,

Living room 18'x20'

Living room + Kitchen 18'x34'

These are rough dimensions as the front entree is recessed and not included and part of the kitchen goes farther back then 18', although not much.

My budget is $200 or less, I was orginally looking at the polk audio 10" woofer that goes on sale for about $100 shipped. But I dont think it will be powerful enough for this big room.

Receiver/speakers:

Onkyo 7.2 Receiver with 1080p upconverting

Speakers are wall mount/ceiling mount Monoprice speakers.

This will be 85% Cable/Movies, 10% Games, 5% Music. I dont need wall shaking base but would like it to have a presence and be able to hear and feel it.

See attached pictures on the room layout, the subwoofer plug is located between the couch and the long black chair (basically where the plant is).

Dont be to critical on me as this is the first major install I ever did, all my others were tucking wires under carpet. It was a huge pain the way I did it and wanted it but I am happy with how it turned out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/19637745

Bic F12

I forgot to mention the subwoofer plug is a single rca style plug. I looked at the back of that one and cant tell if it has the plug on it or not. Its also I little overbudget on amazon, anywhere else for cheaper?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickb1907 /forum/post/19637815

I forgot to mention the subwoofer plug is a single rca style plug. I looked at the back of that one and cant tell if it has the plug on it or not. Its also I little overbudget on amazon, anywhere else for cheaper?
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/...BT46359P.shtml

$182 shipped

And yes it will hookup to your receiver

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Two BIC PL-200 or two Lava LSP12s might adequately fill that much space. You might be better off purchasing one Hsu VTF3.3 and then purchasing a second VTF3.3 later.

The Polk PSW10 would be hopeless. I have a PSW10 matched with a small surround system in a very small bedroom. I did not purchase the PSW10.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts