Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm coming to the AVS experts for some subwoofer setup help. I just got a new Velodyne sub, and have tried a couple of different connection options, both using the sub pre-out from my receiver. My room has some built in wiring into the walls, and the length of the cable run (20') appears to be decreasing the signal strength to the sub.

1) Short subwoofer cable - direct connection - Sub works fine. (just to test that the sub is not defective)

2) Cable out from receiver into wall connection box behind receiver, cable then runs under the floor to the back wall connection box. There I connect a second cable out to the subwoofer - subwoofer initially picks up the signal when plugged in (goes from standby mode to active, so it's detecting something).

However, it is apparently not enough signal to actually drive the woofer, because from that point on, nothing happens.

I've tried interchanging all of the cables, so I'm convinced that's not it... it must have something to do with signal loss going into and out of the wall boxes, so.... is all lost, or is there something I can buy to boost the signal from the back wall connection to the sub?

Thanks for your help all!

Jason

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.