AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I want to buy a system for my computer and I have narrowed it down between the ONKYO HT-S6500 and the Logitech z-906.

My question is which subwoofer is better, and my Better I mean will shake my house more.

The onkyo is 120watt 10inch down firing, and the Logitech is 165watt 8inch side firing.

Probably an easy answer my room is pretty small (probably 12x10) but this subwoofer issue if bugging me soooo bad so help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i originally planned to buy the logitech z-906 as a replacement for my z-506 then i started looking more and more until i found HTibs and i now im confused as too what to get.

my room is pretty small its probably 14Lx13H.

i want the system mainly for music and movies i mean gaming would be fine too but music and movies mainly. oh and lots of bass i want it to rattle and shake things and annoy my neighbor.

if you need anything else feel free to ask

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you are looking for some huge bass I would probably reconsider what you are looking at. From a sound quality point of view for a bit more you can get much better. Look at these JBL's . They are quite strong performers and at $130/pair I dont think you can beat them. I would use these as fronts and rears. Here is the center channel.

Now for the bass, I would look at a much better sub This Klipsch sub is the best value at

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input but the reason I'm stuck between those 2 is because I can afford them, the onkyo is available to me for $450 and that's pushing my budget. If I had $1000 to spend I definitely would have done something like what you said. But really I'm just asking out of these 2 systems which one is better, Thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.