AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have a corner fireplace that will not a chimney coming out of it. So the top with capped off and I going to place a 52 LCD TV on it. Behind the TV, there will be enough space to place a subwoofer back there. I am looking at one of the eD 10 inch subs. Since the walls are so close together (the two corners meeting) and the TV that is kind of sealing the two walls together, the sound waves will probably be going through the TV. Will this damage the tv?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will say the most people that have theirs over the fireplace that it too high, but mine will not be as high as most. I'm looking at about 5 feet. Sorry if my setup does not please you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I doubt there will be any potential damage to your TV. LCDs do not have moving parts or motion sensitive parts.

However, its possible that you might experience a loose connection or a vibrating TV but that would only possibly happen under extreme outputs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.