AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

I just synched up my four subs using the delays in MiniDSP.
Now my issue is EQ. My SPL readings fluctuate above the 75-80 range. This makes it impossible to EQ.
Any ideas what I should do to calibrate this? Did I miss anything? I am following the suggestions from the Hour and a half youtube video, but those have SPL readings that already seem to be in the range for EQ.
I attached my calibrated subwoofer reading.
I am running four Fathom IWSv2-SYS-213 in case that helps with what calibration I should use for EQ.
I am running a 4x10HD MiniDSP with the REW.
Prior to adding delays to the subs, I placed the mic at the MLP and played pink noise on each sub. Each seemed to fall in the 75-80 range. And when combined, they appear to be at 80. Yet the measurement sweep is way above that.

Appreciate the help! Sorry for being totally new to all of this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have not run that kind of setup. I did recently do a first pass with an SVS SB-3000 and Audyssey; Audyssey said the sub gain should be in whatever range. When I ran calibration, sub was too hot, had to turn it down.
--> I'm thinking you should turn down all the sub gains a chunk and try again.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Oh if that doesn't do it, it would be interesting to see:
- Individual sweep of each sub
- Combined sweep
Four subs come to think of it would equate to I *think* (it's late!) +12 dB of gain if all in phase. So it's not surprising you're running too hot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oh if that doesn't do it, it would be interesting to see:
- Individual sweep of each sub
- Combined sweep
Four subs come to think of it would equate to I *think* (it's late!) +12 dB of gain if all in phase. So it's not surprising you're running too hot.
Thanks for the help. Sounds like I should do the following:

Mic in MLP
Front Panel for Subwoofers: Lvl = Reference, LP Filter = 12db (or should this be off?), LP Freq (130 which is max), e.l.f Trim = 0, Phase = 0, Polarity = 0, Master Volume (Currently at 0) = Adjust below 0 to get a lower SPL reading

Try to hit slightly below 75 for each subwoofer. And a combined 75 reading (before adding delays).
Add delays and run a sweep to see if still hot. Adjust and start over if needed.

On an unrelated note, once that is done, and before I run Audyssey, do I need to lower the crossover down to 80hz from the 250 for all that is used for the REW setup? Or does Audyssey do that automatically?

Thanks! Will have an update only thursday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts