AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, quick question... I'm trying set my speaker levels with an spl meter but i'm not using the lfe out on my denon. I have the FL and FR inputs from the reciever going into the subwoofer and then out to the FL and FR speakers. My question is how do i get the reciever to generate a test tone for the sub, since the tone menu expects the sub to be on the LFE out?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Why don't you have the subwoofer hooker up to the receiver???

...you're not getting the ".1" of a "5.1" (example).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well. if you tell the receiver not to use the lfe output , it will sent the .1 through the front left and right and uses the crossover in the sub to make sure that it comes out off the sub and not out of the sats. Ive used it both ways and found that i like the sound that came out of the sub method better than using the lfe out... The bass seems a little tighter...

·
Registered
16,902 Posts
If the receiver skips the sub test tone when setup like that, just calibrate the speakers that you do have with the tones that it does send. If the front speakers are calibrated correctly, the LFE level that the receiver reroutes to them will be automatically determined by the receiver's downmix algorithm; you don't have to calibrate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.