AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older house....At the moment it has an old floor heater in the floor with a metal grate on top. It doesnt work at all. I was thinking it might be cool to yank it out, clean out the cavity and put a sub in there. Almost an IB type setup.

I would then cover it with flooring and have it done to match the rest of the wood floors.

I was thinking sealed would be easiest.....i could build a very sturdy box, that just pefectly fits into the opening......then i dont have to worry about porting it.

Im looking for other things i would need to consider. I've never attempted this sort of thing before and thought it migh work.

Im a big basshead. i currently havd an SVS PB10 and a Bic H-100 (Im on an tight budget) and want more, but my wife isnt too keen on huge bulky boxes or cylinders all over the front room.

would this work? would it have clean bass? I dont want rattleing, I want good clean low bass.

thanks

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think for an IB you would just make a faceplate basically and use the basement as the box...is there a room under the heater?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
you could use 5 subs if you really wanted to, and of course have the budget. pretty much build a box with a sub on each baffle and fire them all up into the room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts