AVS Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
12.17 would be best for that room, but the 10.17 might be more budget conscious and you only give up a small amount of bass extension and ultimate output level (which you can't use anyway due to neighbors). Place it nearfield (as a side table or just behind the couch), for greatest impact at the lowest gain setting.

Sell the Polk and add the proceeds to the sub fund.
As mentioned above XTZ aren't sold in my country and import duty is extremely high that is something I may not be able to afford. I did ask a Polk seller (trading in with an another Polk sub which I am not a mood to unless the deal is great) he said he would buy it at $250-260.Another thing even if I get an XTZ sub, there won't be any after-sales support incase in the future something goes wrong with the sub.

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
2,175 Posts
Have you checked Klipsch SPL-150? That is something I might consider something down the road if I were to stretch my budget ($1500 vs $1900 PB2000 Pro). Do you think a single SPL - 150 would be enough for my area (4000 cubic foot).

It will be real light in my opinion. But these types of questions are like, "does ketchup taste good peanut butter sandwich's? Sure, to some people. 4000 cubes is big. Do you like to feel the T-Rex walk through your room? Feel the ground beneath you breaking apart during the earthquake? If the answer is yes to any of those, then no, its not enough.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Build a Tactile Response platform for your seating. I have one in my 2600cu ft room and replaced my 15" 20hz capable sub with a couple of $200AUD Pioneer 30hz subs (which don't really go below 40hz) and the room has never sounded better - the tactile response you get through your seating makes up for any lack of bass SPL and doesn't transmit through the rest of the house.
Check out these threads :

21 - 25 of 25 Posts