AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sub which came from a Logitech Z680 system which I converted it to a standalone without the control pod.. 1 issue is I have no gain control and no crossover control..

The sub is a 8" and I was wondering if it's worth changing the plate amp and the subwoofer to something better (It's a tang band 150 RMS rated)

Now while it's being used for the HT right now I plan on upgrading it to a 12" and moving the 8" back into my room so the 8" will be fine for a smaller room.

Anyways I was wondering if it's worth the upgrade?

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
A SVS SB1000 or PB1000 would be a huge upgrade. After you hear one of those two, that Logitech would probably be thrown in the skip.

I have a subwoofer with a 8" driver, and it's higher quality than your Logitech subwoofer, and it's crap. I usually leave it switched off. When I do switch it on, I usually switch it back off after a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruB4  /t/1520035/subwoofer-upgrade-question/0_100#post_24415505

Both those are out of my budget and overkill for a apartment

Since you did not say what your budget is, and still have not, you cannot blame him for going over your budget.  This is one of the most basic things people should be saying when asking for advice.  What do you expect people to do when you post NOTHING about your budget?  Do you believe that everyone is psychic and magically knows about your financial situation and what you are willing to pay?

As for your original post, you should buy a subwoofer based on performance, NOT on the size of the woofer.  The SVS PB-1000 has only a 10" woofer, but it performs better than ANYTHING else at its price point, no matter what the size, if one is interested in really deep bass and a flat response instead of just loud.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
I also gave the cheapest, but good quality SVS subwoofers. They're £300 and probably the sort of money you should be looking at.

In the UK the BK Gemini is about £230 and that's the very minimum sort of subwoofer you should consider.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts

I'm guessing here since we're not sure what you can spend but perhaps this Dayton 1200 subwoofer will work. It's only about $110. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts