AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JVC RX 6000V in use in a secondary home theater set up and I am having a problem with subwoofer output.

When I enable the subwoofer with LFE on or off I don't get any output from the sub when in digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1 mode.

I've been playing around with AV for 30+ years but haven't seen a system where the sub only works when it is "off".

Has anyone come across this before or do I have a problem with my receiver? It's a minor annoyance but it bugs me when things aren't perfect.

·
Registered
383 Posts
What are the main speakers set to? Large or small? Also, you should doublecheck to make sure that the x-overs are implimented correctly.

Just a couple of quick thoughts.

--Steve

·
Registered
42 Posts
Make SURE your reciever is set to SMALL speakers, and your sub setting are MAIN + LFE. Otherwise, your sub will not reproduce any bass, it will be redirected to the main front channels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. That worked but I'm still having a problem when using the DTS test and set-up section that comes on Star Wars Episode I. That's where I first discovered the problem so maybe its just that DVD.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Since Episode I doesn't have any DTS information I can see why! ;) Are you talking about the THX calibration segment? What other problems are you having?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.