AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The washer connection for the Sub Input on my Omni S-12 came undone from the inside, so I had to open the sub to place the washer back in place. But now I am getting no sound from the sub. I notice that there's a white wire (see pics) that does not connect to anything. Should it? If so, what?

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
It's hard to see, but is the black wire tied to ground under the black screw head? Is that gold jack the back side of an RCA jack? It looks like there isn't a wire in the center pin of that gold jack. I would bet the loose white wire was not properly soldered to the center of that jack.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac /forum/post/14184340

It's hard to see, but is the black wire tied to ground under the black screw head? Is that gold jack the back side of an RCA jack? It looks like there isn't a wire in the center pin of that gold jack. I would bet the loose white wire was not properly soldered to the center of that jack.

Everything you said is right. So that white wire needs to be connected to the back end of the gold jack (sub in), right?

What's the best non-soldering way to do this?

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
It looks like a soldered connection, so you need to solder it. It must have been a cold solder joint and the solder didn't bind to the wire. You will need a soldering iron and some flux or flux core solder. If you don't know how to solder, find someone who does or take it to any electronics repair shop. Just to re-solder a wire should only cost $5. Or they may even do it for free.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll take it in. Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac /forum/post/14185109

It looks like a soldered connection, so you need to solder it. It must have been a cold solder joint and the solder didn't bind to the wire. You will need a soldering iron and some flux or flux core solder. If you don't know how to solder, find someone who does or take it to any electronics repair shop. Just to re-solder a wire should only cost $5. Or they may even do it for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts