AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, Im waiting for the NSD12 sub from SVS. My receiver is a AV790. All this broke the bank. I want to save for good speakers. My question is can I use the subwoofer with just the TV speakers from a 50" Panny?

·
Registered
498 Posts
You should be able to use the RCA outs from the TV to the sub without any problems as long as you can configure the output to be variable, not fixed. This way when you adjust the volume on the TV, it will adjust the sub also. If the TV can't do that then maybe a cable box if you have that. The other option would be to use the receiver for just the sub. The problem is you would need to adjust the volume for the sub on its own.

Best option, I would try to find a cheap or free pair of speakers to use until you can buy what you want. Just use them for now in a 2.1 setup, it will be a lot easier and still sound much better than the TV speakers.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus808 /forum/post/17005263

Hey everybody, Im waiting for the NSD12 sub from SVS. My receiver is a AV790. All this broke the bank. I want to save for good speakers. My question is can I use the subwoofer with just the TV speakers from a 50" Panny?

Hook it up to the receiver and tell it that you only have a sub.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It looks like you may have another option if you don't want to try and find cheap or free speakers.

The Denon has a Zone 2 pre-out and I think that Sub has a pass through option. If so you can connect the Zone 2 out to the Sub in, then connect the sub out to the TV's audio in. This will also cut the low frequencies going to the TV speaker, so they may even sound better. Then you will be able to control volume through the Denon remote for TV and sub. If you are connecting also connecting the TV to the Denon with HDMI, make sure you are not sending audio.

I think that should work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts