AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an AtlanticTechnology T70, 5.1 speaker system with a T70 PBM powered subwoofer. It is connected to a Yamaha RX-V659 AV receiver. Last week I suddenly realized that my subwoofer is not working at all. I emailed Atlantic Tech and they sent me info. on how to test the sub. Both the sub's amp, and speaker are working according to the tests BUT there is no sound coming out.

I've checked and rechecked the AV Receivers settings (speakers set to small, sub set to Subwoofer.) All sound level settings are OK.

I've also checked the wires and have used 4 diffferent wires to check but no sound from any of them.

It seems that the AVReceiver isn't sending out any signal but I don't know how to check that.

Any suggestions on what to do next? I spent about 6 hours, yesterday, checking and rechecking. No Sound.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
What connections are you using on the AVR and the sub?

What are all the settings on the sub?

Does the sub show that it is powering on?

What are you using for the sound source?

What mode is the AVR set to for the input device?

What speakers channel icons are showing on the AVR front panel for input and output?

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
Oh, my god not another member with, blown sub bass!

You didn't say if you had a power LED light on the sub? If that is the case then check mains plug fuse then open up the sub and look for slow blow fuse and check it to see if it's blown!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac /forum/post/14231307

What connections are you using on the AVR and the sub?

*****Using cable between subwoofer out on receiver and SW IN.

What are all the settings on the sub?

*** cross 80, volume medium

Does the sub show that it is powering on?

***yes

What are you using for the sound source?

*****Yamaha RX-V659 AV receiver, DTS DVD or DTV.

What mode is the AVR set to for the input device?

****all speakers SMALL.

What speakers channel icons are showing on the AVR front panel for input and output?

****SW doesn;t show but I know it works.

Sorry. Fuse is OK.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Because the SW icon does not show, then the AVR is not routing anything to the sub. I suspect you have some mode set to stereo instead of one of the multichannel modes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts