AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved my gear upstairs to my loft I have two subs and was watching LOEG which has a lot of bass my wife is convinced that the floor will be structuraly damaged from the rumbling I admit it is far more intense then sitting on concrete floor anyone else have subs on a second story what aer your thoughts on this .

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My dedicated HT is upstairs in a 4000 cubic ft bonus room that has a 2nd stair case leading down to the den. The bonus room is over the garage and part of the den, and i also have two subs. I love the sound this room gives me acoustically due to it's irregular shape and angled ceiling lines. The subs do excite the wood floors especially when they troll down in the 20hz & below material. You can really FEEL the intense low stuff in every seat (6) my favorite seating area is the couch. I sit about 18ft away from both subs, you could not pay me to move my HT down stairs!

·
Registered
836 Posts
If your floor becomes damaged because of the bass you have more problems than we can fix here!!!

I run two 10's in my upstairs room. Aside from a candle or two being knocked over there is no risk of any damage whatsoever.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I'm a big proponent of the Whole House Subwoofer System by BS Systems. This product installs in the attic by attaching to the the junction between the main supports and the rafters.

You can connect everything from the home theater to the buzzer on the dryer to the WHSS.

In particular, I love the sound of my clock radio with this extra bass. I wake up every morning to the local shock jock, his boomy voice resonates through the whole house, waking up my kids as well as my llama in the shed.

Truely excellent low extension! :)

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnR_IN_LA
I'm a big proponent of the Whole House Subwoofer System by BS Systems. This product installs in the attic by attaching to the the junction between the main supports and the rafters.

You can connect everything from the home theater to the buzzer on the dryer to the WHSS.

In particular, I love the sound of my clock radio with this extra bass. I wake up every morning to the local shock jock, his boomy voice resonates through the whole house, waking up my kids as well as my llama in the shed.

Dang and I thought I was the only one with dual 12 Shivas Dancing filling out the bottom end on my clock radio. The neighbors' emu likes it! :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnR_IN_LA

...isn't that basically just someone selling an IB? To me I'd rather do a DIY IB with 3, 6, 9 15"s :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
I remember having my old system upstairs, when at my parents home. They complained like hell when the lights were shaking, I swear it was a conspiracy against my M&K subs..lol

Mark

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have the opposite problem, my HT is downstairs on a concrete floor and it rattles stuff off the wall in my daughter's room 2 flights up!

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I too have my HT in a soon to be enclosed loft. The effect of "my three subs" (sounds like a '60's TV show) on the structure is like a room-sized Buttkicker! A nice, unintended consequence...

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.