AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Dish installed this last week and have been enjoying HBO and ShowTime HD on 148. Thanks to all that posted the information. My installer (even calling HIS tech support) didn't know for sure it would work until he put it up. THEN the Dish Network support varified those channels were there. Anyway it looks great and my only complaint is there are not enough HD channels! How can anyone stand to watch the SD signals? They look like my worst VCD experiments. Even local analog cable looks better.

Of course, one more complaint but that looks like it gets resolved in the fall: PVR for HD.

- Brian

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by montgods:
The only things I noticed were the HBO-HD, SHO-HD and HD PPV. The rest looks to be various regional and ethnic programming.
That's exactly what's supposed to be on 148.

·
Registered
268 Posts
So is this to say that Dish's HD feeds are on both the 61.5 and 148 satellites? What other channels are there?

[This message has been edited by Jay Mitchosky (edited 05-07-2001).]

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Mitchosky:
So is this to say that Dish's HD feeds are on both the 61.5 and 148 satellites? What other channels are there?
Yes, 3 of their 4 HD channels are *duplicated* on the 148 sat. I switched over the 148 since a tree 3 blocks away bloomed and is now blocking 61.5. The HD channels on 148 are HBO-HD, Showtime-HD, and a 24 hour HD PPV channel.

Thanks Dish Network! I really need that 148 HD feed since the 61.5 sat is just above 10 degrees inclination.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have to have the HBO package and the Showtime package to get these channels. HBOHD is 9440 on 148. As others have mentioned before on this forum it would be great if they eventually have a Pacific time zone feed for these channels. By the time I settle down in the evening all I have is a bunch of B-movies.

AND I wish they would stop broadcasting stuff in 4:3! I didn't get an HD set to watch stuff in 4:3! Who does? It is bad enough that HBO is still broadcasting Scope (2:35:1) trimmed to 1:77:1 (although they did show Ghostbusters II as Scope with letterboxing).

AND as I said once before I hope we can get some more HD channels. Those highly compressed SD channels are almost unwatchable.

- Brian

·
Registered
393 Posts
Brian, where did you read that there will be PVRs for HDTV?

David

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by davidahn:
Brian, where did you read that there will be PVRs for HDTV?

David
It was mentioned on the last Dish Tech Chat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.