AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My G25 is a little over a year old. I have been quite happy with it. I made some adjustments to the picture modes (THX, CUSTOM, GAME) and was happy with the quality of the image. (Never used STANDARD Picture Mode.)

A few days ago, my son plugged one of those Nicktoons Plug-N-Play TV games ( http://www.amazon.com/TV-Nicktoons/d...5085886&sr=1-1 ) into the VIDEO IN 2 ports on the side of the panel and played it for a couple of hours. (I guess, he was feeling nostalgic or something, LOL.)

Since then, I have noticed a significant degradation in the picture quality of the TV. The image seems dark, contrasty, with a lot of black crushing. I performed a factory reset and adjusted the picture settings back to my preferred values, but couldn't really get a satisfactory image.

It's hard for me imagine that this act alone would change something on the TV internally, but who knows. Or, maybe it's all coincidental, and such a sudden and dramatic change is part of the aging process. Would appreciate some feedback please.

Most importantly, I would very much appreciate any suggestions for improving the picture. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhumur /forum/post/20902608

My G25 is a little over a year old. I have been quite happy with it. I made some adjustments to the picture modes (THX, CUSTOM, GAME) and was happy with the quality of the image. (Never used STANDARD Picture Mode.)

A few days ago, my son plugged one of those Nicktoons Plug-N-Play TV games ( http://www.amazon.com/TV-Nicktoons/d...5085886&sr=1-1 ) into the VIDEO IN 2 ports on the side of the panel and played it for a couple of hours. (I guess, he was feeling nostalgic or something, LOL.)

Since then, I have noticed a significant degradation in the picture quality of the TV. The image seems dark, contrasty, with a lot of black crushing. I performed a factory reset and adjusted the picture settings back to my preferred values, but couldn't really get a satisfactory image.

It's hard for me imagine that this act alone would change something on the TV internally, but who knows. Or, maybe it's all coincidental, and such a sudden and dramatic change is part of the aging process. Would appreciate some feedback please.

Most importantly, I would very much appreciate any suggestions for improving the picture. Thanks!

I don't believe it's part of the aging process. Your set's not that old and my Panny has actually performed better with age. Unless a problem developed with the game console when your son was using it, and it over loaded a circuit, it may be just a coincidence that you are having a problem.

Ian

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang /forum/post/20904499

I don't believe it's part of the aging process. Your set's not that old and my Panny has actually performed better with age. Unless a problem developed with the game console when your son was using it, and it over loaded a circuit, it may be just a coincidence that you are having a problem.

Ian

Thanks for the reply. Would anyone know why the set would suddenly become darker, blacks blacker? Also, is there a way to fix this?

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhumur
Thanks for the reply. Would anyone know why the set would suddenly become darker, blacks blacker? Also, is there a way to fix this?

Did you also check the black level setting? It should be on 'light'.

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.