AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new system seemed to be set up properly and working. HDMI cables from components to SW, HDMI from SW to TV, and optical cable from SW to TV. I was watching TV and the SW was set to SAT (for the cable). I changed the station and suddenly both the picture and the sound started flashing - cutting in and out - and the info on the SW kepy changing from SAT to 5.1 and back and forth. I tried changing stations, turning everything off and on - no luck, In fact, when I turned off the TV, it appeared off (no signal light and no picture) but the cut-up sound kept coming.

Can anyone tell me what's happening and how to fix it? Is it a bad unit?

I posted this in the Home Theater area too, but it seemed like it fit better here. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sony rep in a tech chat said that this problem is with Optimum Cablevision's box not supporting HDMI repeating. He recommended connecting the cable box to the TV and using optical cable between the TV and the Soundbar SW. Does all of this sound right? Has anyone had the same issue?

·
Registered
12,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita79 /forum/post/18195232

Sony rep in a tech chat said that this problem is with Optimum Cablevision's box not supporting HDMI repeating. He recommended connecting the cable box to the TV and using optical cable between the TV and the Soundbar SW. Does all of this sound right? Has anyone had the same issue?

Seems plausible. Cable boxes and DVRs are decidedly unfriendly. At least the workaround does not compromise either the video or audio quality.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a system that is more friendly? I can move to Fios or DirectTV. Or are there bugs there too?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts