AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start I want to say I'm pretty new to all of this, not running an amazing or very complicated setup so bear with me

Last weekend I added a LOC (Line output converter) with some RCA cables to my setup, instead of connecting my amp directly to the car's speaker wire in order to remove some engine hum I was getting. It worked amazingly, got rid of the hum completely and increased the sound and power of the sub. But today, I took a corner (not sure if driving around the corner had something to do with it or not) and these improvements went away. The hum didn't return, but the sound quality seems to back to about what it was before. Went and checked all my connection and they seem fine, and that's about all I know how to check. Any ideas?

I'm using a Belva BPKG112 (I know not great) sub and amp, getting sound straight from the back speakers wires of my '96 Suburban, which I disconnected the stock speakers from.

Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
So you're using a LOC, do you have the stock radio or an after market one? If you have an aftermarket one, it SHOULD have subwoofer outputs that you can run the RCA cables from to your amp. That is the right way to do it, the LOC will work, but you will be somewhat limited because you won't be able to use the sub controls on your head unit. It's hard to say what your issue is, we need more info on your set up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you're using a LOC, do you have the stock radio or an after market one? If you have an aftermarket one, it SHOULD have subwoofer outputs that you can run the RCA cables from to your amp. That is the right way to do it, the LOC will work, but you will be somewhat limited because you won't be able to use the sub controls on your head unit. It's hard to say what your issue is, we need more info on your set up.
Yea, I have it connected to the stock radio/stereo. I just rewired the car's speaker wire to the LOC which goes to the amp etc. I know it's not the ideal setup but I'm just confused because it got way better when I put the LOC in but then it went back down to about how it was when I didn't change anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Today it cut in and out a few times, generally around corners or pulling out of a driveway. Still not sure of the cause.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Agree, sounds like wiring. Could also be your turn on lead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts