I am waiting on hold. For the third time. The first two times, my call was dropped. I think it's been well over an hour now. Maybe someone out there has had my problem and knows what it is?
I'll certainly get an answer here faster than waiting for someone to answer the phone in India.
I have two RTV5Ks, one upstairs (purchased when they first came out), the other downstairs (a refurb bought from RTV). For the past few months, they've been able to see each other no problems, and I can share shows between rooms.
Suddenly today, the upstairs machine can't see the downstairs machine.
Here's the facts:
1. Both replays can connect to the RTV service with no problem.
2. Downstairs (refurb) can see upstairs and play shows from upstairs.
3. Upstairs can't see downstairs at all.
4. Both indicate the same software version (53050110).
5. Both are the exact same model (5K).
6. My router is fine, I can connect to the internet (evidently, since I'm posting this) and both replays have no trouble dialing in.
7. The cables appear fine (see 6).
8. I've rebooted both machines several times. It works for Win98, so why the heck not? But it didn't work.
9. DVArchive sees both RTVs, Both RTVs see DVArchive. (Well, this is not entirely true. DVArchive sees both, says that upstairs is offset for 0 seconds, downstairs for -2 seconds, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, if I just updated them both several times.)
10. Renaming and rebooting both did not work at all.
What else is there to check? Any ideas?
***Edit*** Yes, another What the heck is up with CS? Finally, someone answers. I start to explain my problem. Please hold. I'm holding. I get hung up on yet again. Excuse my language, but WTF???