AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just purchased a Hitachi 43" (43UWX10B) for a downstairs set-up. This is a tabletop(I got the matching stand for $199.) 16 x 9 hdtv. Looks real nice w/great color and detail. It was purchased from Sears for $2099.

Ron

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ron61250, I am very interested in hearing your thoughts on your new Hitachi, I have been looking at this set and really think this maybe the one for me. Please give some of your opinions on it.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Add me to the list of people VERY interested in the 43" Hitachi. In my case I have space constraints. I've narrowed it down to a choice between the Hitachi and a 47" Panasonic.

The credit card is out... The truck is gassed up... The SO is convinced of the need... Now all I have to do is decide

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Sony VPLW-400 can be picked up cheap. I owned one. Good unit, but never saw HD on it. Should do 1080i. Research B4 U buy: caveat emptor.

------------------

Silence is overrated!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Moving to HDTV Hardware.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
You might want to take a gander at the Sub $2000 HD sets topic in this forum.

-- Mike Scott

[This message has been edited by michaeltscott (edited 09-17-2001).]

·
Registered
455 Posts
I just ordered a 57" Toshiba 57HX81 for $2599, just a hair over your upper limit. This is a very nice set, the best RPTV they make.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the 43"FDX01B It is a great RPTV for DVD's and clean prictures but SD from the look blochie (tech. term). Things like smoke or shadows do not look real. I think it is because of the line doubler, and when a there is bad picture this unit seems to make it look worse. But on the contrary a good picture will look great. It may just be that way with all RPTV;s but some that I have seen don't have this problem.

------------------

Laugh it up fuzzball!!!

~o==o>

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Get the Mits wt-46809...it can be had for $1925.00 at Tweeter or online and its upgradable by the Mits promise. It also can be tweaked out.

------------------

Kipp

IS THAT A REMOTE CONTROL IN YOUR POCKET OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE HDTV?

·
Registered
52 Posts
My favorite in this price range is the discontinued Panny 56 inch ...95. It can be had for 1999 and does native 720p for ABC. I have one and the picture is gorgous. I also like its sdtv reception. Mixed with the Dish 6000's "partial Zoom" mode the sdtv reception is great for 16x9 and of couse the HD and DVD pictures are prestine.

------------------

Zongo Out

·
Registered
48 Posts
Zongo:

If you don't mind me asking, where is the Panny 56" you're talking about available for $1999. Thanks.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.