AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a burner and was concidering the HHB CDR830 BurnIT

Mainly, I want to transfer my rare concert cassettes (sound board stuff) to digital -

I figure it's a cheaper route then spending 7k + for protools and doing it on the computer - I can rip the CD's on the computer and use other editing programs I have to re-master if I need to

Anyone have any comments about it?

Anyone have any other recomendations?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I recently replaced my dead Pioneer recorder (which, IIRC, is the OEM source for HHB recorders) with a Marantz Professional CDR-632. I have been using it exclusively for digitizing analog recordings (cassettes, vinyl, etc.) with excellent results. The disc tray is a little wobbly, but the headphone circuit is excellent, with adjustable volume. It uses any CD-R/RW media, but has worked best with Taiyo-Yuden CD-Rs. Street price new is in the $550-$600 range, and is sold mostly by music and recording stores (like Guitarland, Sam Ash, etc.), rather than audio retailers. I especially like the concentric recording volume controls for each channel. They allow you to adjust the recording level of each channel simultaneously or separately, a feature oddly absent from many recorders on the market.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.