AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

here is my question first;

i don't know anything about what i should be looking for and for what price i should be paying for these things that i am looking for.

now, with that out of the way - im going to explain what i have currently, and what i plan on doing with this.

currently:

speakers- $1000 budget

researching a 5.1 speaker setup, it can be DIY, ala-carte, whatever. tons of people rag on elemental designs, but a system like that is round about what im looking on getting, budget on speakers is $1000 tops.

screen- DIY projector in the future

i have a 720p 42" lcd currently. i plan on building a 1080p projector - but that's a second project ive been interested in doing for a long time - so that comes next.

AVR- $500 or so 1080p

researching something that can support multiple HDMI\\optical toslink\\DVI\\analog inputs, my needs are something a bit different than normal i suppose. i have a PS3, XBOX360, cable TV\\DVR, and a PC. i will have a dedicated media center hooked to the projector - and i need to have an audio\\video input for that as well. everything will be output to the projector and my 5.1 setup. i also have a pair of aura bass shakers with a 50w plate amplifier thats under my couch, so whatever subwoofer i end up with is going to need a splitter or a daisy chain. (i live in an apartment and it gives the effect of LFE without the noise i guess)

peripherals-

as mentioned earlier, PS3, XBOX 360, computer, cable\\dvr, aura bass shakers

room-

the room ill be in is 27' long x 14' wide x9' tall. the front wall is blank and that's where i will put my tv\\setup. half way into the room is my sectional L couch and the projector will eventually go behind the couch. it should be a very good room for a theater.

im not really sure what else is needed, but i have NO idea where to start. i am a huge car audio guru, and i know what i want as far as application goes, but as to what equipment will do what i need is something totally different.

so please - could you take a few minutes out of your day and instruct me on what i should be looking for? your help will be greatly appreciated. i just dont want to fall into a statistic and buy some best-buy crap for a bad price.

thank you for your time.

andy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is exactly what im looking for!

thanks so much!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.