AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the Onkyo 509 / Jamo 426 5.0 speaker set. I need to find the best bang for the buck sub for $100-150. Not really looking to spend more than $150 so please do not suggest $200+ subs.

I was looking at the Polk PSW110, would there be a better choice than this?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at the BIC's but wasn't sure if they are decent or not. Is BIC a reputable brand?

·
Banned
38 Posts
Around $250(let alone $150) you won't find much else beyond BIC and Lava.

Not heard of the ones Cyde notes...

But BIC are wise choices, but before you plunk down $150 look on Craigslist and Ebay(which you can search local) for a sub somebody is selling because they upgraded or need rent money.

Not that I want to stir anything...but TheDeepDiscount????

Seriously????

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll probably go with the BIC.. I don't need anything too much. I'm upgrading from a 12 year old 6.5" Yamaha so anything should be a great upgrade.

·
Registered
830 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just ordered the BIC F12.. read too many good reviews to risk going with a sub I can't find much on. I'm sure it will do everything and more than I need.

·
Registered
830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudfrog /forum/post/20847688

Just ordered the BIC F12.. read too many good reviews to risk going with a sub I can't find much on. I'm sure it will do everything and more than I need.

Awesome !

Please post up after you get it connected with your thoughts.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray77085 /forum/post/20847768

Awesome !

Please post up after you get it connected with your thoughts.

Will do. I'll use the sub next week when it comes in, the rest of my system won't be in for a few weeks though as it's on back order.

I'll definitely be able to give a heads up on the improvement over the little Yamaha 6.5" though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.