AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all i request the admin to plz dont delete this thread if it is posted in wrong section..i am a very newbie in this forum and plz forgive me if i made any mistake....

today i bought LG 32LK311 LCD TV...But when connected i found that through usb it can play avi file only..also avi files with high resolution(720 ps & 1020 ps) can not be played...

So i am very disappointed and i will give it back to the shop i will buy another one...

My friends ,,plz suggest me a good lcd Tv ( budget-maximum 30K) which can play nearly all video formats especially avi files with high resolution(720 ps & 1020 ps),mp4,mpeg,vob,flv....

i doubt such a LCD that pay all the above file formats may have a high price..if it exceed my budget,plz mention that also..

expecting someone will help me..

THANK YOU

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The LG TV in my kids' room plays DVD / VOB files.... from an external 2.5" HDD connected to TV's USB port. The format can be any (NTFS is okay) and the folder structure where the media files are stored can be couple of levels deep... probably more but I haven't tested it . It will also play other movie files without an issue… 32LD560

Boky

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I'm aware that 80% of the people here come to AVS forums just to obtain an answer for a particular question. They are not here to share nor learn

They'll obtain an answer to a single question and leave the forums happy in thinking they gained something for nothing.

People who try to help will do reasrch for them, learn + (and it is a big plus for me at least) - will get the satisfection in trying to help.

Boky

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Boky /forum/post/20863397

I'm aware that 80% of the people here come to AVS forums just to obtain an answer for a particular question. They are not here to share nor learn

They'll obtain an answer to a single question and leave the forums happy in thinking they gained something for nothing.

People who try to help will do reasrch for them, learn + (and it is a big plus for me at least) - will get the satisfection in trying to help.

Boky

Boky, I don't disagree with you at all, but it is very frustrating when someone feels the need to bump a thread without giving Forum members time to respond. I think it's a common misconception that all of us are on call 24/7 and that all of us know everything about everything so if the questions don't get answered right away, then they "gently" (sometimes not so "gently") let us know about it. I know that I for one can be a bit acerbic at times, but I do enjoy helping people when I can and giving good advice when it's a subject I know a bit about.

And, believe it or not, I've done a ton of research from looking things up in reference materials to making trips to various stores so that when I talk about a particular TV, I know a bit about the specific subject at hand.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/20863557

Boky, I don't disagree with you at all, but it is very frustrating when someone feels the need to bump a thread without giving Forum members time to respond. I think it's a common misconception that all of us are on call 24/7 and that all of us know everything about everything so if the questions don't get answered right away, then they "gently" (sometimes not so "gently") let us know about it. I know that I for one can be a bit acerbic at times, but I do enjoy helping people when I can and giving good advice when it's a subject I know a bit about.

And, believe it or not, I've done a ton of research from looking things up in reference materials to making trips to various stores so that when I talk about a particular TV, I know a bit about the specific subject at hand.

yeah... I did not realise bump was posted 17min after the original post.... suc*s doesn't it...?

Boky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.