Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ave,

I'm looking to buy a nice pair of headphones, with these requirements:

True 5.1 Surround Sound

Wireless

Optical (TOSLink) Input

Basically I'll be using the headphones for two inputs ... XBOX 360 Gaming & Blu-ray movies. I want to be able to plug the Optical output from either into the Headphone unit to receive true 5.1 Surround Sound. The unit doesn't need to have 2 Optical Inputs ... 1 would be fine. I can switch the input depending on what I need.

Would like to stay under $200 ... unless necessary.

Thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Panasonic RP-WF6000-S might be just the ticket depending on your definition of "true":
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...00000000005702

They have two optical inputs and decode the various flavors of 5.1 surround sound. I find them to be fairly heavy but quite comfortable. Sound is very good although there is a slight bit of background hiss during silent parts of movies. The surround effect is decent.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneX /forum/post/18288822

The Panasonic RP-WF6000-S might be just the ticket depending on your definition of "true":
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...00000000005702

They have two optical inputs and decode the various flavors of 5.1 surround sound. I find them to be fairly heavy but quite comfortable. Sound is very good although there is a slight bit of background hiss during silent parts of movies. The surround effect is decent.

That's a nice pair; two optical inputs is a BIG plus. I'm keeping it in on the list.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sony MDR-DS6000 only has one optical input, but it gets rave reviews...and since Sennheiser launched its new 160,170,180 line it has dropped below $200 now.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi,

I have the Pioneer DIR-SE2000C 5.1 headphone system - it is excellent if you can get a hold of one, I also have the Philips HD-1505U which (very surprisingly for Philips) is also excellent. Both have all the various connections you want.

Bazzy!

·
Registered
197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzy /forum/post/18441655

Hi,

I have the Pioneer DIR-SE2000C 5.1 headphone system - it is excellent if you can get a hold of one, I also have the Philips HD-1505U which (very surprisingly for Philips) is also excellent. Both have all the various connections you want.

Bazzy!

Could you guys point me where to purchase the Pioneer DIR-SE2000C unit?

can't find any dealer in the Internet

thanks in advance, Jose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts